Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Job Title Director of Financial Planning and Analysis Job ID Location Johnson City, TN 37601 Other Location DescriptionFounded in 2002, LabConnect provides global central laboratory services including routine and esoteric laboratory testing, kit building, sample management, biorepository and scientific support services for biopharmaceutical and CRO clients in support of their clinical trials. LabConnect is a central lab headquartered in Seattle with a primary operating facility in Johnson City, TN. We're looking for professionals that share our core values of building long-term successful relationships, self-awareness, passion to excel, creativity and interconnectedness. Director of Financial Planning and Analysis - Johnson City, TN Summary: The Director of Finance position is responsible for maximizing return on investment in departments and profitability on projects by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position, under direction of the CFO, will work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and high-level decision support. This position ensures GAAP and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, including revenue recognition. The director of finance also oversees pricing and cost accounting, project/job accounting and project & department reporting. Responsibilities:
- Manages annual budget development process, monthly review of actual performance vs budget with department managers, and quarterly update of rolling 18-month forecast
- Performs financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Guides project set-up and accounting decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures within our ERP system
- Reports on financial performance and preparation for regular leadership reviews
- Analyzes past results, perform variance analysis; identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Provides status of project and department profitability by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data
- Evaluates project and department performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with budgets and forecasts
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provides analysis of trends and forecasts and recommending actions for optimization
- Identifies and drives process improvements, including creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and dashboards
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects) Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a business, financial or related field, seven years or more experience in Accounting, Finance or related area.
- Experience in a service industry company with project management.
- CPA, CMA or other relevant qualification is a plus.
- Experience with NAV or other tier one ERP is a plus Required Skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, multitasking, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Ability to manage up and delegate appropriately to ensure efficient workflow.
- Impeccable mathematics, analytical skills and excellent attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of project-based accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other technological skills.
- Negotiation, relationship building, influencing, coaching, conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Empathetic, expressive and outgoing as well as an open and pleasant disposition.
- Business acumen and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivating and ability to work well independently as well as using a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes and procedures.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing environments. Language Ability: Ability to read, write and comprehend internal and client correspondence, meeting agendas and meeting notes. Mathematical Ability: Ability to apply simple mathematical skills and abstract thinking in a logical and organized manner. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems, investigate issues, draw correct and logical conclusions; the ability to understand instructions, mathematical and diagrammatic representations of data in both an abstract and concrete manner. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including word processing software, spreadsheet software and the ability to learn and master company specific finance and accounting systems. Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Benefits: We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. EOE #ZR
Keywords: LabConnect, Johnson City , Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!