Director Of Accounting
Company: Universal Development & Construction
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job SummaryThe Director of Accounting is responsible for the
accounting operations of the company which include financial
reporting and budgets ensuring that a system of internal controls
is in place to ensure the accuracy of the company's reported
financial results. The Director of Accounting is also responsible
for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and supervising all
accounting personnel. This position creates and implements policies
and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues
in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting
processes more efficient and accurate.The Director of Accounting
acts as the primary liaison between the management and operations
teams and the accounting staff.SkillsPosition requires a strong
knowledge base in accounting to include financial reporting,
budgeting, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Position also
requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to communicate detailed and complex financial information
clearly. The Director of Accounting should possess strong personal
initiative and motivation, well-developed leadership skills, the
ability to lead a team. The Director of Accounting should also
possess impeccable analytical and critical thinking skills and be
able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects in an
accurate and timely manner.Duties & ResponsibilitiesPersonal
- Provide leadership and maintain an effective position of
- Assure that the environment of the department reflects the
philosophy of the company.
- Model mission and values of UDC.
- Promote company at all times.
- Project a professional image in all aspects of work
performance, which includes, but is not limited to personal habits,
demeanor, and attire.
- Meet company standards on conduct, attendance, etc.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and help ensure positive
communication with staff, coworkers, vendors, bankers, community,
agencies and owners,Management
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department including
organizational structure, control systems, transaction processing
and policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and support to accounting department
employees including performance feedback, ongoing training and
career growth and development.Financial
- Ensure issuance of timely and complete financial statements
comparing results against budget and prior year.
- Review and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and
monitor trends in property performance.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the performance of company
operations and report against same.
- Manage the preparation of the annual budget and any
- Review cash projections to effectively manage cash and line of
- Provide financial analysis as needed.Operational
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies
- Monitor compliance with debt levels and debt covenants.
- Oversee operations of accounts payable and ensure that invoices
are coded and approved properly and paid in a timely manner.
- Oversee the operations of accounts receivable to monitor
outstanding balances and collections and communicate any
- Partner with Marketing, IT, Human Resources and Property
Management to meet company goals and objectives. Foster and
communicate teamwork across all departments.
- Overall responsibility for Yardi Property Management software
to include necessary set up, permissions, database, case resolution
and new module implementation.Other
- Perform other duties as necessary.---Education and/or
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Finance or Business with an
emphasis in Accounting.
- CPA Certification or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years progressively responsible accounting experience.
- 5+ years supervisory and/or management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with
other accounting and operational software.
Keywords: Universal Development & Construction, Johnson City , Director Of Accounting, Executive , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!