Ballad Health Medical Associates- Medical Director, Employer Health Services
Company: Ballad Health
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Mission: Honoring those we serve by delivering the best possible
care. Vision: To build a legacy of superior health by listening to
and caring for those we serve. General Summary: The Medical
Director provides clinical and operational guidance and leadership
for Ballad Health (BH) and the Ballad Health Medical Associates
(BHMA) Employer Health Services division and Team Member Health. He
or she will assist in developing the long-term strategy and
short-term tactics for the growth and development of the service
line and for improvement of the health of the population we serve
via engagement in development of clinical standards of care.
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding of new providers,
including performance feedback and coaching as needed to ensure
positive professional development and retention.
- Lead/support development of quality initiatives and other
programs to continually improve cost effectiveness and quality of
services and patient and client satisfaction
- Support efforts of administrative and marketing personnel to
secure new and maintain existing business as required. Identify new
accounts to meet growth strategies and communicate information to
the BHMA leadership team.
- Provide consultative services in occupational health, including
provision of medical director services to client companies
(including Ballad Health) and in development of onsite programs
that focus on a healthy lifestyle.
- Serve as the designated physician and advanced practice
clinician supervisor for BHMA Occupational Medicine clinics, onsite
programs, and Business Health team members, unless otherwise
provided by other physicians contracted with BHMA.
- Serve as the Medical Review Officer ( MRO ) for the program.
MRO duties include, but are not limited to, receiving and reviewing
laboratory results generated by an employer s drug testing program
and evaluation of medical explanations for certain drug test
results; interpreting forensic drug testing results in the context
of a regulatory and policy framework; and assisting companies with
medical monitoring of OSHA Regulated Chemicals, oversight of
laboratory tests to monitor employee exposure limits over a period
of time and making medical evaluations/recommendations to prevent
continued exposure in the workplace.
- Supervise the medical review process and substance abuse
testing programs offered by BHMA throughout Tennessee and Virginia,
to include supervision of the Medical Review Officer Assistant (
MROA ). Education/Experience:
- Valid and active Medical Licensure in TN and VA
- Valid and active Board Certification for Occupational
- Medical License free of sanctions from any healthcare entity
- DEA clear of any restrictions or recent sanction
- DOT and MRO certifications required; others may be needed as
market needs shift
- Five years minimum clinical experience Knowledge/Skills
Abilities: Self-motivated, strong communication and analytic
skills, ability to communicate with all levels and recommend
decisions in a timely manner, excellent organizational skills and
ability to manage multiple priorities.by Jobble
Keywords: Ballad Health, Johnson City , Ballad Health Medical Associates- Medical Director, Employer Health Services, Executive , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!