Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
Company: Dominion Senior Living
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Dominion Difference!Want to be a part of a team whose
calling and purpose is to honor God through service to seniors? Our
unique faith-based, culture-first model provides a supportive and
engaging work environment. Join team Dominion and take advantage of
the Dominion Senior Living career pathway program for an
opportunity to earn an additional $1 per hour in compensation the
first year, and additional annual increases based on performance
ratings.Shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift!We offer Lucrative
and Exciting Benefits:
- Time and a Half on Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Chaplain Support
- Shift Differentials-up to $1.00 more/hourSummary of
ResponsibilityThe Wellness Nurse assists with the Wellness
department being operated efficiently and in compliance with all
applicable legislation and regulatory requirements; providing the
highest possible standard of care through effective use of the
nursing process. The Wellness nurse assists with the orientation
and education of the resident care team and may serve as a
supervisor for the community in the absence of all department
managers.What does it mean to be a PRN Team Member at Dominion?
- You decide when you can work!
- Simply provide your monthly schedule and update us if your
- We add you to the schedule based on the availability you
- We notify you when you are scheduled to work in advance.
- Disclaimer -PRN status will be deactivated if the
state-required training is out of date or if two or more shifts are
declined in a 6-month period.
Summary of Responsibility:The Wellness Nurse assists with the
Wellness department being operated efficiently and in compliance
with all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements;
providing the highest possible standard of care through effective
use of the nursing process. The Wellness nurse assists with the
orientation and education of the resident care team and may serve
as a supervisor for the community in the absence of all department
- Assists with the development of care plans according to the
resident's preferences, needs, and abilities.
- Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports, such
as care plans, daily and follows care plan changes in a timely and
- Maintains the inventory of medication, dispenses medications
and maintains the Medication Administration Records for the
- Takes and records the vital signs of residents.
- Serves as the first responder to residents in an emergency
situation, such as having a fall, heart attack, or stroke.
- Administers tests, such as TB tests, and gives inoculations as
- Responds to inquiries from family members and resident
representatives about residents and communicates with the pharmacy
and other providers regarding resident care.
- Assists with updating and maintaining manuals used by the
- Assists the Wellness Director in planning, decision-making,
budgeting, and monitoring expenditures for the Wellness department;
assists in keeping the Wellness department within budget by
- Trains and supervises the Wellness Resident Assistants and
keeps the Wellness Director informed regarding their work
- Assists the Dining Services Director with ensuring all
residents receive diets prescribed by the physician; performs
resident assistance with meals and between-meal nourishment and
assists Dining Services as needed.
- Maintains documentation that reflects wellness care provided,
the resident's response to care, and disposition of each case.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and standards for nursing
care and infection control.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way
communication with residents and resident representatives; observes
residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or
conditions on an on-going basis and submits information for
resident records on an informative and timely basis.
- Maintains open, effective, and ongoing communication with the
community's medical staff and medical community.
- Keeps the Wellness Director informed regarding any unusual
incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the
- Contributes to a safe and sanitary environment being maintained
for residents, team members, and visitors.
- Assists residents with personal comfort activities and hygiene
services (bathing, shampooing hair, skin and nail care, dressing,
feeding, shaving, oral hygiene, toilet assistance, and cleaning of
soiled resident) according to personalized care plans and daily
assignments, as needed to support the work of the Resident
- Assists residents with daily routines and housekeeping tasks
that the residents need assistance in performing, such as
straightening the resident's room each day, as needed to support
the work of the Resident Assistants.
- Removes all soiled linens from rooms; changes bed linens,
towels, and washcloths, as needed to support the work of the
- Responds promptly to residents' emergency call signals and
follows up with appropriate responses; makes rounds to check on the
safety and security of residents.
- Assists the resident when transferring or moving to various
areas within the community or to transportation vehicles.
- Assists with community special events, including outreach to
the greater community.
- Assists other departments with programming and activities as
- Serves as supervisor for the community in the absence of all
- Works beyond normal working hours and days and in other
positions temporarily, as necessary for effective resident care and
- Engages in open communication within and between community
departments and is cooperative.
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and required
or optional continuing education programs.
- Assists in the evacuation of residents as necessary.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident information and
honors the residents' personal property rights.
- Maintains a safe working environment through the prevention of
accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of
safe working practices.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.Education,
Experience, Licensure/Certification, Age Requirements:
- Active LPN/LVN license from the State of the community is
- Must successfully complete a CPR and First Aid course and
maintain a current CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Must obtain valid Continuing Education credits as required by
the State of the community.
- Experience with seniors and especially cognitively impaired
seniors (those with Alzheimer's or Dementia) is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a healthcare
community is preferred.
- Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen, and
TB skin test is required.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.Application
Process: A review of all applications begins immediately and
continues until the position is filled. For full consideration,
applicants must apply electronically through our applicant tracking
system via the company careers page. The application should include
the submission of a cover letter that highlights the candidate's
interest in the role and experience that meets the requirements of
the position, an updated resume, and the names, current company
name, title, e-mail address, and phone number of three professional
references.We do not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing
agencies or executive search firms.
EEO PrinciplesThe Company is committed to the principles of equal
employment opportunity as well as compliance with the law. It is
our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and to make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, sex,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, status as a disabled veteran or
veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other legally protected status or
characteristic in the state in which a team member is employed by
the Company. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training,
promotion, disciplinary action, termination, and all other
personnel actions and conditions of employment.#IND123
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
Keywords: Dominion Senior Living, Johnson City , Licensed Practical Nurse PRN, Healthcare , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!