Physician - Dermatologist
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Come join one of the VA's premier medical centers in the stunningly beautiful mountains of East Tennessee. Our health care system includes the James H. Quillen VA Medical Center in Mountain Home (Johnson City), TN located on a 260 acre park-like main campus of massive oak trees and expansive green spaces surrounded by towering mountains, multiple outpatient clinics, a domiciliary, and a Community Living Center, providing both short and long-term care. Our academic affiliation with the East Tennessee State University (ETSU) School of Medicine provides rich educational opportunities for trainees and staff alike. We are seeking an energetic DERMATOLOGIST or recent Internal Medicine Residency graduate who enjoys the academic patient care environment. The successful applicant must have excellent communication skills and ability to work with staff physicians, subspecialty fellows, residents, and medical students, teaching experience within an academic setting is preferable. Ability to qualify for clinical faculty appointment with ETSU is required which includes Internal Medicine Board Certification or achieving certification when first eligible. The academic rank will be commensurate with the applicant's level of experience. This is an outstanding opportunity to combine inpatient hospital medicine with internal medicine resident teaching and supervision, working with a collegial group of excellent hospital physicians. This VA medical center provides a full range of patient care services utilizing state-of-the-art technology as well as numerous educational and research opportunities. The Mountain Home VA Health Care System received the Veteran's Health Administration Cary Award for 2013, recognizing our system at the highest level of VA quality achievement nationally. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care. ETSU Subspecialty fellows in Cardiology, Pulmonary/Critical Care, Infectious Diseases, and Gastroenterology have regular rotations at our VA. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer vacation/sick leave, health/life insurance coverage, and a retirement package including a tax-deferred savings plan. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:45am - 4:30pm Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Recruitment/relocation incentive may be given to a highly qualified candidate.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board eligible/board certified in Dermatology Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Physicians should be physically and mentally capable to perform the examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan, and educate residents. Physical activity includes sitting, standing (up to 2 hours), walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeating bending. They should be emotionally and mentally stable and capable of performing the duties of the position.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Johnson City , Physician - Dermatologist, Healthcare , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!