Physician - Urology
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Come join one of the VA's premier medical centers in the stunningly beautiful mountains of East Tennessee. Our health care system includes James H. Quillen Medical Center in Mountain Home (Johnson City), TN located on a 260 acre park-like main campus of massive oak trees and expansive green spaces surrounded by towering mountains, multiple outpatient clinics, a Domiciliary, and a Community Living Center, providing both short and long-term care. Our academic affiliation with the East Tennessee State University (ETSU) School of Medicine provides rich educational opportunities for trainees and staff alike. James H. Quillen VA Medical Center is seeking a staff physician for our Urology department. Applicants must meet VA qualifications and be board-certified with the American Board of Urology. The Physician will serve as a clinical urologist and participate in on-call duties. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to work within VA infrastructure and VA guidelines. The candidate must possess comprehensive expertise in Urology including general, endoscopic, minimally invasive, and open urologic procedures. Da Vinci robotic experience is strongly preferred. The duties will include the delivery of outpatient and inpatient urologic care to Veterans, and participating in performance improvement, quality improvement and medical education activities. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer vacation/sick leave, health/life insurance coverage, and a retirement package including a tax-deferred savings plan. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pmBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Da Vinci robotic experience is strongly preferred. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Physical Requirements: Physicians should be physically and mentally capable to perform the examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan, and educate residents. Physical activity includes sitting, standing (up to 2 hours), walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeating bending. They should be emotionally and mentally stable and capable of performing the duties of the position. Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA Form 10-2850
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: (REQUIRED) CV or Resume (REQUIRED) The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 10-2850
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Johnson City , Physician - Urology, Healthcare , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!