Physician - Vascular Surgeon
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Come join one of the VA's premier medical centers in the stunningly beautiful mountains of East Tennessee. Our health care system includes James H. Quillen Medical Center in Mountain Home (Johnson City), TN located on a 260 acre park-like main campus of massive oak trees and expansive green spaces surrounded by towering mountains, multiple outpatient clinics, a Domiciliary, and a Community Living Center, providing both short and long-term care. Our academic affiliation with the East Tennessee State University (ETSU) School of Medicine provides rich educational opportunities for trainees and staff alike. We are seeking an energetic VASCULAR SURGEON - STAFF PHYSICIAN who enjoys the academic patient care environment. We are looking for a full time vascular surgeon to join an existing full time and part time vascular surgeon in very busy VA practice. Applicant will need to be proficient in all aspects of open and endovascular interventions. Open procedures including aortic revascularization, peripheral bypass, endarterectomies and dialysis access. Applicant will also need to be fully trained in endovascular techniques. We have a NEW state of art, fully equipped endovascular suite (Phillips ceiling mounted). Cases include complex endovascular aneurysms, peripheral interventions. Mountain Home VA Hospital is affiliated with James H Quillen College of Medicine and has a full complement of general surgery residents. The applicant would be expected to participate in teaching conferences, resident training in the OR, and obtain an academic appointment. The appointment would be 95% clinical to include OR and clinical duties, and 5% administrative. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer vacation/sick leave, health/life insurance coverage, and a retirement package including a tax-deferred savings plan. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pmBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: The applicant must be Board Certified or Board eligible in Vascular Surgery. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Physical Requirements: Physicians should be physically and mentally capable to perform the examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan, and educate residents. Physical activity includes sitting, standing (up to 2 hours), walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeating bending. They should be emotionally and mentally stable and capable of performing the duties of the position. Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA Form 10-2850
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: (REQUIRED) The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- VA Form 10-2850
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Johnson City , Physician - Vascular Surgeon, Healthcare , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!