Company: A. O. smith
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Company / Location Information
Johnson City, Tennessee
The Technical Writer II is responsible for writing and developing written, technical instructions and manuals for company products to submit for proofing and publication. The incumbent will use knowledge, observations, and research to develop user friendly technical materials.
* Prepare operational and maintenance manuals, instructions, and other technical publications for a variety of company products.
* Gather necessary technical information, research, and various supplements such as drawings, reports, and specifications for components and products.
* Coordinate, edit, and review publication layouts and organization.
* Interview technicians and engineers for more detailed instructions and information.
* May review and edit the work of other technical writers for accuracy and readability.
* Suggest and perform revisions and corrections to new and previously published technical materials.
* Communicate with other writers, technicians, and engineers to review, revise, and improve drafts and writings.
* Write clearly and informatively, edit own work, and vary writing styles to meet customer needs.
* Continuously expand understanding and knowledge of company lines and products, providing assistance to less experienced writers as needed.
* Maintain a log of all informational materials produces, revised, and reprinted by the Technical Writing Department for easy recall.
* Perform other activities as needed.
* Proven ability to translate information from oral, written, and diagram form into concise documents
* Effective communication skills, with the ability to seek necessary information
* Mathematical skills including the ability to perform metric conversions
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills, especially with concrete variables and limited standardization.
* Effective computer skills, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Quark, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
* Strong time management skills and the ability to work under deadlines
* Must have experience working with hazard communication, i. e. ANSI 535 , etc.
* Must have experience developing production instruction manuals that may potentially expose users to hazardous situations.
Bachelor's Degree in Communication or Related Field
Years of Experience
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or training
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.
Keywords: A. O. smith, Johnson City , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!