Laboratory Information Systems Supervisor
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Founded in 2002, LabConnect provides global central laboratory
services including routine and esoteric laboratory testing, kit
building, sample management, biorepository and scientific support
services for biopharmaceutical and CRO clients in support of their
clinical trials. LabConnect is a central lab headquartered in
Seattle with a primary operating facility in Johnson City, TN.
We're looking for professionals that share our core values of
building long-term successful relationships, self-awareness,
passion to excel, creativity and interconnectedness.SummaryThe LIS
Supervisor, Laboratory Information Systems, is responsible for the
timely database setup, as well as the delegation of responsibility
for clinical trial study projects. S/he is also responsible for
double data entry of test results. S/he participates in all
discussions and decisions, internal and external, related to study
initiation. Working closely with the Sr. Director of Project
Services and other Data Specialist staff, the LIS Supervisor will
direct activities to meet our client's specification, ensuring
quality deliverables on time. The LIS Supervisor will serve in the
capacity of a Data Specialist II, to direct the database setup for
new and ongoing studies. The LIS Supervisor will also serve in the
capacity of a Data Entry Coordinator to perform manual result entry
or 'referee' function for inconsistencies in double data entered
- Serves as escalation point of contact for LIS issues related to
- Writes, reviews and approves Laboratory Information Systems
- Direct supervision of the Data Specialist I and II and LIS
Coordinator, Laboratory Information Systems, and their tasks
related to clinical trial study projects.
- Direct supervision of the Data Integration team responsible for
double data entry of local laboratory reports.
- Recruits, selects, supervises, coaches, develops, and retains
- Assists in interviewing and hiring of LIS staff.
- Assists Directors and/or departmental managers with process
- Assist Directors and/or departmental managers with obtaining,
developing and reporting departmental metrics.
- Provides support in systems' design and ensures projects meet
- Provides technical support to project team members; handles
complex application features and technical designs.
- Designs and implements the components of clinical trial test
- Designs and implements the components of clinical trial test
templates for reference testing.
- Works in coordination with laboratory management in securing
instrument interface tests and charting mechanisms.
- Reviews and analyzes programming systems testing and debugging
to support clinical trials tests and data flow.
- Responsible for verification testing and documentation per
computer system validation procedures for clinical trials LIS test
and panel builds.
- Responsible for accuracy and following procedure in clinical
trial database setup to ensure consistency and quality of
- Oversees double data entry of test results.
- Oversees or performs 'referee' function for inconsistencies in
double data entered results.
- Oversees communication with team members about updates or
corrections as necessary.
- Oversees printing reports.
- Oversees filing.
- Provides departmental status updates to department
- Participates in internal quality assurance unit.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as
assigned.Education and Qualifications:Bachelor's degree from
four-year college or university; and three years related clinical
or laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Must be experienced in customer
service and possess excellent organization and interpersonal,
communication and problem-solving skills. Must be adept at stress
- Excellent attention to details and ability to adapt to changing
environments and requirements as well as customer service/client
relationship management skills.
- Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes and
- Strong planning and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivating and ability to work well independently as well
as using a collaborative team approach.
- Excellent organization, time management skills, communication,
multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and verbal comprehension skills, including
ability to translate client needs to team members.
- Ability to make quick but well-thought out decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database
software.Certificates and Licenses:Certification as an ASCP Medical
Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician is preferred.Licensed
Medical Laboratory Technologist/Technician (or equivalent) in the
state of Tennessee.Language Ability:Ability to read, write and
comprehend technically complex data transmission specification
agreements, client correspondence, meeting agendas and meeting
notes. This position requires that the incumbent be able to
communicate with peers at client pharmaceutical and biotechnology
firms in a professional manner that reflects well upon LabConnect,
LLC.Mathematical Ability:Ability to apply simple mathematical
skills and abstract thinking in a logical and organized manner.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems, investigate
client database issues using standard query tools and from the data
generated draw correct and logical conclusions, use test scripts to
validate newly authored project-specific data transmission
routines; the ability to understand a variety of technical
instructions, mathematical and diagrammatic representations of data
in both an abstract and concrete manner.Computer Skills:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of
Microsoft Office applications, including word processing software,
spreadsheet software, database software and knowledge in the use of
standard query tools is preferred.Supervisory Responsibilities:This
job has supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment:The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk
and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.This job
description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other
related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.We value our
employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is
enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits
package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision
benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus,
we work to maintain the best possible environment for our
employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We
strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each
person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
planning and culture.EOE
Keywords: LabConnect, Johnson City , Laboratory Information Systems Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!