Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job Summary:Responsible for oversight of the Clinical Trail
Materials quality staff and the quality assurance of all kits
produced for Clinical Trial Materials (CTM).
- Monitor completeness, accuracy, and compliance during all sales
- Assists operations manager with implementing, maintaining,
evaluating, enforcing, and updating quality and regulatory
policies/guidelines to ensure compliance with federal regulations,
and corporate guidelines.
- Lead and supervise quality team, resolving problems, conducting
training, and setting schedules for all shifts.
- Establish, maintain and continually improve the overall quality
- Track quality assurance metrics.
- Interface and consult with QRS regarding regulatory and
- Participates in all internal and external company and
- Recommend proactive improvements pertaining to quality and
- Commitment to safety, quality, customer service, and process
- Strong organizational and communication skills; timely,
accurate, and professional.
- Administrative duties include preparing required reports,
correspondence, and timekeeping.
- Ability to complete root cause analysis, feedback, and
resolution to quality issues, related to products or
- Respond and update to all compliance issues within Veeva.
- Understanding of FDA regulatory requirements for supplies and
- Attends relevant organizational quality meetings and
appropriately represents the status of CTM.
- Oversee CTM vendors at a high level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with 2
years experience and/or Associate Degree with 4 experience
preferred. Candidates with a High School Diploma/GED with 5 years
of experience in a regulated quality environment may be
- Candidates with 5 years of experience within a regulated
quality environment preferred.
- Prior experience managing a team preferred.
- Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM) training or
- Ability to follow through on tasks to completion.
- Strong ability to work well with others, self-motivated, and
the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with customer/supplier
- Ability to create reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Language Ability:Ability to read, write and comprehend internal and
client correspondence, meeting agendas, and meeting notes.
Mathematical Ability:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to
draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems, investigate
issues, draw correct and logical conclusions; the ability to
understand instructions, mathematical and diagrammatic
representations of data in both an abstract and concrete
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual
must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including
word processing software, spreadsheet software, and the ability to
learn and master company-specific purchasing systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Manage a small team of staff.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently
required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to lift 30
lbs. 5 feet high. The position requires standing; walking and
reaching with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other
related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.
Benefits: We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment
to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and
extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical,
dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within
the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible
environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with
the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative
environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our
processes, decisions, planning, and culture.EOE
Keywords: LabConnect, Johnson City , Quality Control Supervisor, Other , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!