Sign Language Interpreter / PRN
Company: Frontier Health
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for providing interpretation services to
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree
in social services preferred.
Certification: Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
certification or certification-eligible preferred.
Experience: Experience in interpreting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of sign language. Verbal/written
communication skills. Ability to maintain composure in difficult
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide interpreting/transliterating services between Deaf,
Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened, Deaf-Blind, and Hearing persons in
a variety of community settings.
- Develop interpretation/transliteration skills in order to
better meet communication needs in different settings.
- Prepare statistical and other reports as required by Frontier
Health and the Tennessee Council for the Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard
of Hearing (TCDDBHH).
- Assist in the publication of the CCDHH newsletter, "The
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings
and inservices and individual program planning staffings as
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Frontier Health, Johnson City , Sign Language Interpreter / PRN, Other , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!