Select, cut, edge, finish, surface, fit lenses to frames, and
provide customers high quality eyewear delivered as promised.
Maintain Lab equipment in good working order through proper
maintenance. (Lab Technicians, Journeyman and Lead Lab Technician
must complete appropriate Lab Certification Training specific to
the position.). (A Licensed Lab position will possess a State
Optician's License for states where required by the company).
Routinely demonstrate hands on proficiency of all objectives in
the Lab Certification Program as outlined in the SOP 9.01, for
Ensure all jobs are clocked in upon receipt and clocked out
after final lab inspection in accordance with Company standards to
include jobs completed in about an hour as promised.
Control lab inventory through auditing tray management
procedures, special orders, check-in of lenses, inter-store
merchandise transfers, breakage, returns, and the monitoring of
damaged and defective product.
Meet as promised service, "7 Point Quality Check", ANSI
Standards and tolerance standards.
Perform SKU exchanges as required in accordance with Company
Perform regular machine maintenance in accordance with
maintenance checklist and report equipment malfunctions to the
Manager on Duty.
Meet Company safety rules and standards to include following
guidelines for hazardous material handling and waste disposal.
- May cross train in the retail area.
- One (1) year of related experience
- Optical preferred
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
Additional Relevant Experience/Education Required:
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must meet all Lab Certification requirements (Lab Technicians,
Journeymen and Lead Lab Technicians must complete Lab
Certifications specific to the position)
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English in order
to understand written procedures, hazardous warning, etc.
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organization skills
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Read English
- Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Wear protective eyewear and gloves
- Work with substances which may cause skin irritation and/or
- Exposure to temperature changes
- Bend and stoop continuously
- Reach above shoulder continuously
Training Requirements (where applicable)
- Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate
is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick
or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of
computers, printers and machines).
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Reach with Hands and Arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral
- Must be detail orientated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other
associates and clients.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings
on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must have the ability to initiate immediate interaction,
coordination and collaboration with team members, clients,
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of
protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of
Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a
component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have
access to covered information, cardholder data or other
confidential customer information which must be protected at all
times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data
security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy &
Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation,
gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status,
or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local
The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the
job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete
additional essential responsibilities as identified and
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Lab Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- Store 564, 3101 Browns Mill Rd Suite 1, Johnson City,
Tennessee, United States of America