Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/ Watauga Behavioral Health
Company: Frontier Health
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner performs in an expanded role and
practices based upon protocols that are established and approved by
a physician who serves as a supervisor for the mid-level
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
or professionally recognized physician assistant program
Licensure: Must have or be eligible for licensure as a
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in the state of Tennessee and/or
Certification: Completion of NLN accredited Nurse Practitioner
Program and certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Experience as a staff nurse, nurse practitioner or
physician's assistant preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: CPR training.
Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
Verbal/written communication skills
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations, both brief and extensive for
adult, children, and/or adolescent clients under established
protocols with the supervising physician.
- Provides psychiatric management of clients through
participation in multidisciplinary treatment planning process and
under supervision of a physician.
- Serves as a resource person to other clinical staff regarding
- Interacts with referral sources, particularly medical referral
sources, in such a way as to enhance patient care and positive
- Complete accurately and timely medical records in accordance
with the standards of the Commission on Accreditation of
Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and other applicable accrediting,
licensing, utilization review and payor agencies.
- Comply with relevant Frontier Health reimbursement rules and
regulations as applicable.
- Provide effective communication with Frontier Health staff, and
regulatory agencies, managed care organizations, patients, and
families in a appropriate and timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of available resources for client
population and actively coordinates services with clinical
- Maintains knowledge of agency policy and procedures, especially
as they relate to functions of this position in timely
documentation, AIMS testing, patient medication education, lab
work, and sample medicating.
- Records ideas concisely and clearly and in a timely manner in
keeping with clinical records standards.
- Must possess knowledge of human behavior, psychopathology and
understanding of the relationship of family and community on the
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meeting and
inservices and individual program planning staffings as
- Responsible for continually upgrading knowledge and skills to
- Gears patient education to age and comprehension level of
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Frontier Health, Johnson City , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/ Watauga Behavioral Health, Other , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!