STATE OF FRANKLIN HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATES IS CURRENTLY SEEKING
A FULL-TIME RMA, LPN OR RN TO BE A PART OF OUR SoFHA OB/GYN
JOHNSON CITY TEAM
The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN), or Registered Nurse (RN) collaborates with providers in the
delivery of quality patient care and service by maintaining patient
flow, escorting patients through the clinic, identifying patient
needs, collecting/verifying information, administering medications,
providing health education and other information, answering patient
questions, resolving issues or concerns, updating electronic
medical records, implementing methods as directed to improve care
and the patient experience, maintaining exam/treatment rooms and
ordering related supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Care and Service
- Collaborates with providers in assessing, planning and
implementing care for individual patients.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, provider offices and
treatment rooms as appropriate in a polite and friendly
- Maintains patient flow in order to help the provider be as
efficient as possible.
- Records patient data prior to each visit, including but not
limited to: vital signs, height, weight, allergies, medication and
reason for the visit.
- Informs patients about delays and wait times.
- Administers subcutaneous, intramuscular injections and IV
Therapy (if certified and applicable).
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in
accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Assists providers with patient examination, treatment and minor
- Cleans and sterilizes exam or procedure room and
- Submits electronic prescriptions and makes other patient calls
as directed by providers.
- Requests and evaluates lab tests as indicated by patient status
and practice protocol.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, hospital admissions and
appointments to follow-up on receipt of test results as
- Escalates any unusual patient behavior to provider as
- Instructs patients and families regarding medications and
- Supports positive self-care activities for patients.
- Assists with delegated patient education, including but not
limited to distributing educational literature.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family
responses and medication dispensed or prescribed in medical
- Obtains new patient records, previous test results, x-rays,
scans and other records required by provider.
- Verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to providers.
- Arranges for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as
- Informs providers of patient rescheduling and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties such as typing, filing,
faxing, reception, etc. as requested by supervisor or
- Schedules, coordinates and reschedules patient
Room and Supply Maintenance
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms for patient use.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Compiles information and prepares reports.
- Maintains records.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Follows organizational policies and procedures, including State
of Franklin Healthcare Associates Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics
and Business Standards, HR Policies and Procedures Manual, Team
Member Handbook, OSHA Manual and any other policies or procedures
for the job function, department, location or clinic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED and graduate of an approved school of
Previous experience in a medical office or healthcare setting
desired but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid license to practice in the state of employment and current
CPR certification required.
Service: Demonstrates high standards of service to patients,
physicians, team members and other departments; remains calm when
faced with challenging or difficult situations; effectively
resolves service issues.
Quality: Work is thorough and accurate; offers ideas and
solutions to improve outcomes and enhance service; considers the
situation and relevant information before taking action;
effectively implements improvements.
Integrity: Acts with the highest levels of personal ethics,
honesty and accountability.
Performance: Applies job specific knowledge, skills and
experience to accomplish results; requires appropriate level of
supervision; work is completed in a timely manner; uses sound
judgment in decision-making; is reliable and dependable; utilizes
time and resources responsibly; complies with policies and
procedures; work area is organized, neat and clean.
Communication: Expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing
and organized manner; listens effectively; professional, respectful
and compassionate in communications with others; follows proper
channels of communication and shares essential information timely;
maintains appropriate confidentiality.
Teamwork: Builds and maintains effective working relationships;
recognizes strengths and contribution of others; manages and
resolves conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
Work is performed in a medical office environment involving
contact with patients, physicians, staff, insurance carriers and
other business partners. Frequent exposure to patient care areas.
Work environment can be fast-paced with emotionally charged
situations, requiring a high level of concentration and appropriate
balance of conflicting priorities and multiple tasks. Occasional
local travel between work sites and additional hours, including
evening or weekend work, may be necessary.
up to 10 lbs
up to 25 lbs
up to 50 lbs
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates reserves the right to
alter, change or modify this job description at any time, with our
without notice. The duties and responsibilities contained herein
are considered representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive,
of the duties and responsibilities, which may be required of a job
incumbent. All other categorizations contained herein are meant to
be representative of the general environment or working conditions
in which the job is performed.