Company: Performance Food Group
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
An Order Selector is responsible for selecting product in a safe
and efficient manner, which includes reading labels, placing
product in the proper locations on pallets and preparing it for
shipping. Selectors accomplish this by following standard work
instructions and operating heavy equipment (pallet
jacks/forklifts). The position is physically demanding and entails
exposure to varying temperature zones.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Scan job functions into labor clock; obtain proper paperwork
for the shift
- Manual transfer of cased product from pick slots to pallet and
- Secure products on pallets; build according to prescribed
- Pay close attention to detail while performing job duties
including but not limited to reading labels, selection, tranfers,
- Stock and set up selection area
- Meet selection standards and accuracy standards
- Safely operate all warehouse equipment and obey all safety
- Read alpha and numeric codes from pick sheets and slots
- Work in multi-temperature areas as assigned
- May select products using Vocollect technology
- Produce a quality work output on a consistent basis
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
- 6 months experience in a highly physical, labor intensive
position (ie. construction, distribution warehouse,
equipment/machine operator, farmhand, freight handler or other
positions which require continuous activity and heavy lifting
and/or which deals with multi-temperatures)
- Must have the ability to work in varying temperature zones,
from freezer temperatures to non-air conditioned temperatures in
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and up to 80
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to adapt to changes in the work
environment including the use and types of materials/tools, method
and work instructions
- Must be a team player, including the ability to communicate
well with others
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to produce quality work
- Must have a strong service orientation
- Must have basic math skills
- Must have basic reading skills
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule, including nights,
weekends and holidays and overtime as required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must pass a post offer drug test and background check
High School Diploma/GED or State Approved Equivalent.
6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience.
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience.
Experience using a motorized pallet jack.
Motorized pallet jack certified.
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Johnson City , Order Selector, Other , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!