Company: Food City
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide efficient and courteous service to customers at all
times including asking customers to the check-out. NEVER sign off
the register with a customer waiting. Always wait until someone
comes to relieve you.
- Scan and ring customer orders according to company policy,
including store productivity standards. Make sure items are
credited to the correct department and all items are removed from
- Receive and be accountable for all funds taken for each
- Assist the courtesy clerk in bagging groceries.
- Keep work station and area around work station neat and
- Know and follow all state and local laws regarding beer and/or
- Know and follow all federal laws regarding WIC handling.
- Know and follow all coupon handling procedures.
- Follow company check cashing and tendering procedures.
- Know and follow policies and procedures for Debit Card/Credit
Card/ Gift Card/EBT Cash/EBT Food Stamp transactions.
- Follow company policy for proper use of assigned tills.
- Take weekly produce tests.
- Responsible to see that all not-on-file items have been
recorded and turned in on a daily basis.
- Follow proper procedures for obtaining change.
- Proper usage of intercom.
- NEVER carry on a conversation with another associate while
checking out an order.
- Know and understand the ValuCard program and be able to explain
- Assist with light stocking duties (candy, cigarettes)
- Sweep front end.
- Replace misplaced items to the proper location.
- Keep bathrooms neat and clean.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
?Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly
Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability
Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid
Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a
driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to
giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our
associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We
consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the
company is currently owned by our associates through our employee
stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services
and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking,
accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career
opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our
associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If
you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try
something different, consider becoming part of the Food City
Keywords: Food City, Johnson City , Cashier, Other , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!