Regional Drivers Needed - Up to $1800 Per Week
Company: Truck Service Inc.
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Call (855) 884-1623 or Apply Online Below Compensation:
- $0.56 - $0.61 CPM - Based on Experience
- Average Weekly Pay - $1400 - $1800General Purpose of Job:To
safely, efficiently and timely pickup, transport and deliver
freight by driving a tractor trailer. This will include long or
short distances based on customer needs, requests or expectations
while operating within Federal regulations and
guidelines.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor. This can be multiple
times during a work shift.
- Secure all shipments by tying down or bracing cargo within
trailer, as required.
- Ensure that loaded freight meets Federal Regulations regarding
- Drive truck to destination in accordance with Federal
- Ensure that all shipment documentation required to move with
shipment is available for inspection and delivery.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering
vehicle at varying speeds in heavy traffic, inclement weather and
in tight loading dock areas.
- Report all incidents / accidents.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal
regulations including driver logs, mileage records, vehicle
inspections, valid license and endorsements, valid medical
certification, and other records as required by law.
- Professional presentation of the Company and the transportation
industry through responsible driving and communication with
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on
assigned equipment. Refer any defects/repairs to
- Must be available to begin work week immediately upon
completion of 34-hour Federal reset. This can include beginning
work week during times that are traditionally considered weekends
(Saturday or Sunday). Drivers will be planned using the First In,
First Out method, always based on available hours of service.
- Although not always required, must be willing to work up to 70
hours per week, based on Federal hours of service regulations.
- Must be available to pickup and deliver freight within ANY
state that the Company is authorized to perform work in. This
includes any loads that the company has agreed to haul for a
customer. It will include a combination of short and longer mileage
routes. Freight will also be a combination of live loads, live
unloads, drop and hook, or repositioning of equipment based on
freight demand. Routes and loads will be planned and communicated
by the Company's Operation's department.
- Must be available and capable of working irregular schedules
based on available hours of service. This will include a
combination of driving during daylight hours and night (dark)
- Must maintain a rolling 6-week average of no less than 2275
miles per week. Paid vacation time will be excluded from the
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures as outlined in
- Failure to perform the above listed Responsibilities and Duties
will result in disciplinary action and can include termination of
employment. Appropriate action will follow policies outlined in
company provided manuals, memos, etc. Work Environment:
- Drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature
and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a
trip (legal driving time is granted), delays in route, tight
delivery schedules (legal driving time is granted), and other
stresses related to driving on crowded roads and in varying weather
- Drivers may spend, 50% of time out-of-doors, exposed to
potentially difficult environment conditions.
- Drivers spend a large % of on duty time in their truck. While
driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration of vehicles,
which may be higher than those typically experienced in a car.
- Drivers will spend time away from home each week and are
expected to take rest / sleep breaks in the tractor. Physical
- Must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time,
available for round-the-clock trips and able to remain alert while
driving for periods of up to 11 hours, per Federal
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab multiple times
during the work shift. Entry and exit is achieved with the
assistance of steps, handles, and the three points of contact
- Must be able to raise and lower landing gear by cranking handle
for a minimum of three minutes by repetitive motion. This can
happen multiple times during a work shift.
- Must be able to reach over tractor tires to pull fifth wheel
release. This can happen multiple times during a work shift. This
requires a pulling with a force of 100 pounds.
- Must be able to hook/unhook, manually lower and raise landing
gear, attach and release safety chains or straps, open and close
cargo doors, raise and lower hood of tractor, climb into and off
- Any of the above-mentioned activities may require a driver to
sit, squat, crouch, bend, stand, or reach multiple times during a
work shift. This can be up to 14 hours in a 24-hour period, based
on Federal Hours of Service regulations. This job description does
not constitute an employment agreement or contract between the
employer and employee. Statements included in this job description
do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job to require that other or different tasks be
performed as circumstances change. Call (855) 884-1623 or Apply
Keywords: Truck Service Inc., Johnson City , Regional Drivers Needed - Up to $1800 Per Week, Professions , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!