Supervisor, Purchasing and Inventory
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Founded in 2002, LabConnect provides global central laboratory
services including routine and esoteric laboratory testing, kit
building, sample management, biorepository and scientific support
services for biopharmaceutical and CRO clients in support of their
clinical trials. LabConnect is a central lab headquartered in
Seattle with a primary operating facility in Johnson City, TN.
We're looking for professionals that share our core values of
building long-term successful relationships, self-awareness,
passion to excel, creativity and interconnectedness.
Summary:Responsible for the purchasing and inventory control for
Clinical Trial Materials (CTM.)
- Monitor completeness, accuracy, and compliance during all
- Manages and/ or creates the purchase orders for all
- Ensures all warehouse receipts of materials are completed and
- Manages discrepancies of supplier invoices with accounts
- Lead and supervise inventory team, resolving problems,
conducting training and setting schedules.
- Track, audit, and ensure adequate supply of inventory
- Establishes and manages cycle count programs to maintain
- Commitment to safety, quality, customer service and process
- Strong organizational and communication skills; timely,
accurate and professional.
- Administrative duties include preparing required reports,
correspondence and time keeping.
- Answer questions from business development and project
management on supplies.
- Ability to complete root cause analysis, feedback and
resolution to quality issues, related to products or
- Understanding of FDA regulatory requirements for supplies.
- Supervise regular cycle counts of inventory.
- Manage lots and expiration dates.
- Strategize and support processes that promote efficiencies and
maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment
- Provide support to the Accounting Dept. to complete all
required month, quarter and year-end activities.
- Manages daily inventory transactions in NAV.
- Evaluates reorder points and reorder amounts for all stock
- Pulls vendor recalled items and corresponding lot numbers,
documenting the removal of recalled items and coordinating the
disposition and/or replacement of recalled items.
- Evaluates units of measure and conversion factors for stock
inventory items and makes corrections as necessary.
- Attends relevant client-related meetings and appropriately
represent status of CTM.
- Oversee CTM vendors at a high level.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with 2
years of clinical trial experience
- Associate Degree with 4 yearsof clinical trial experince.
- High School diploma/GED with 5 years of clinical trial
experience may be considered with
- Experience working in a Inventory Managment System or ERP such
as Microsoft NAV, SAP, etc. preferred.
- Experience in supply source research and pricing
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and/or Strategic
Procurement and Supply Management (SPSM) training or studies
- Prior experience managing a team preferred.Required Skills
- Ability to follow through on tasks to completion.
- Strong ability to work well with others, self-motivated and the
ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with customer/supplier
- Ability to create reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Language Ability:Ability to read, write and comprehend internal and
client correspondence, meeting agendas and meeting notes.
Mathematical Ability:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems, investigate
issues, draw correct and logical conclusions; the ability to
understand instructions, mathematical and diagrammatic
representations of data in both an abstract and concrete
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual
must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including
word processing software, spreadsheet software and the ability to
learn and master company specific purchasing systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Manage a small team of staff. Work
Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently
required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to lift up
to 50 lbs. 5 feet high. The position requires standing; walking and
reaching with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other
related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.---We value our
employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is
enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits
package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision
benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus,
we work to maintain the best possible environment for our
employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We
strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each
person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
planning and culture.EOE
Keywords: LabConnect, Johnson City , Supervisor, Purchasing and Inventory, Professions , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!