Company: LabConnect, LLC
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Purchasing Agent coordinates with CTM order administration,
supply inventory, and production to determine supply demands and
issue purchase orders to vendors to meet those demands in a timely
and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate material requirements with the project managers and
- Maintain professional business relationships with supplier
- Contact suppliers for product/service quotes, availability, and
- Prepare and enter purchase orders into the ERP.
- Schedule deliveries as necessary, coordinating with the
receiving/inventory control teams.
- Resolve packing list/invoice discrepancies.
- Coordinate the return of non-conforming products.
- Ensure inventory levels of all items purchased are in
accordance with established purchasing practices.
- Prepare cost savings reports as directed.
- Investigate and propose cost-savings measures within the
- Account for non-conforming purchased material disposition,
- Carry out the disposition of obsolete materials.
- Conduct appropriate price benchmarking.
- Engage in preliminary new item sourcing and cost
- Investigate potential new suppliers.
- Manage other purchasing-related projects as assigned.Education
- Associate degree or Bachelor's degree in business-related field
- Purchasing experience, 3 years
- Candidates must have exceptional integrity.
- Ability to work within a disciplined, quality system-driven
- Demonstrated data analysis skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills Certificates
Ability to read, write and comprehend internal and supplier
correspondence, meeting agendas, and meeting notes.
Ability to apply simple mathematical skills and abstract thinking
in a logical and organized manner.
Ability to solve practical problems, investigate issues, and draw
correct and logical conclusions; the ability to understand
instructions and mathematical and diagrammatic representations of
data in both an abstract and concrete manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working
knowledge of advanced ERP systems (NAV preferred), Microsoft Office
applications (including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook), and
the ability to learn and master other applicable computer
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other
office equipment. Must regularly communicate with colleagues and
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other
related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.
Benefits:We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment
to your success is enhanced byour competitive compensation and
extensive benefits package including paid time off,medical, dental,
and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the
company. Plus,we work to maintain the best possible environment for
our employees, where people canlearn and grow with the company. We
strive to provide a collaborative, creative environmentwhere each
person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
Keywords: LabConnect, LLC, Johnson City , Purchasing Agent, Sales , Johnson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!